The Deep Dive dashboard gives you a high level overview into the niche.
Aside from keyword search volume and relevancy, you should also look into the competitor listings to determine how well they keep customer-facing content to capitalize on potential opportunities and/or fill in gaps you see.
On the Deep Dive dashboard, check the competitors’ listing as part of your decision criteria.
- The tables show you the competitor listing title, images, product dimensions and weight, price points (i.e. current, 90-day average), and variations.
- Keepa charts are auto-pulled so you can perform a side-by-side comparison of each of their sales trends.
- Rationalize how they are selling their products against each other and what aspects they are doing poorly.
- You should look for relatively even distribution over keywords and search volume. If these are dominated by one or two keywords or by one seller, then it’s an indication of a heavily dominated niche.
- Moreover, Data Dive pulls data from Google Trends and Amazon.com to analyze search volume trends and normalize spikes for up to 5 years lookback.
Ideally, you should look for a consistent or rising search volume trend over Google data with a matching new or starting-to-rise trend over Amazon as that indicates a healthy opportunity to niche on.
Focus on core areas such as:
- Product title- Compare product titles and evaluate from a shopper’s perspective. How can you improve your title? You’ve already done this via Data Dive’s Battle of the Titles
- Product features- Compare unique selling points (USP) across competitor listings. How can you counter their USPs? Are you featuring the right USPs on the parts of the page consumers spend the most time on? You’ve already done this via Data Dive’s Battle of the Bullets
- Product description- Read through the descriptions and take note of information the competitors include and/or leave out. How can you optimize yours?
- Q&A- Check if the competitors are proactive in responding to questions. What are the common questions asked by customers? How can you address them in your product offerings?
- Product images- Evaluate the quality and messaging of the competitors' images with the overall product listing. How can you improve your product quality and messaging?
- You can easily do a side-by-side comparison of listing images viaData Dive’s Deep Divetab that auto-populates all listing images of your ASIN and competitors.
- After your extensive analysis, summarize the insights into a report for further review by the Brand Manager. This is to make sure the strategies are aligned across departments before executing any optimization plan.
Please sign in to leave a comment.