Note: improved collaborative tools for sharing is due for release soon!
Currently you can share your sheets like any other sheet, below are the caveats;
- Web version, currently you can only share with team members that are on your subscription, by copying the URL
- For outside your subscription, you can use the sheet version and share with an account that has a DataDive Subscription, you can make them an editor and they can use your sheet. Send them the sheet by inviting them via email with 'add people and groups' as per the below picture.
- If you are part of a team then instead of sharing each file, share your folders - Google Share Folders Guide
- By default, DataDive creates a folder called DataDive Tools - Research Sheets
- If they don't have a subscription, you can share for view or comment only.
- If you make a copy of the sheet, then this copy won't function properly for you or who you share with.
Note: if you share a sheet by mistake in editor mode to a user that is not subscribed then you will see this error
This demonstration shows how to recover sheets
To get your data back, please change the sharing setting to 'Viewer'
The warning text will remain there unless you simply select it and delete
Click Apply and the sheet will bring back your data